Tuition is paid by semester: Fall (August - January) and Spring (February - June). Fall tuition is due on August 25 and and Spring tuition is due on the February 1st. Late tuition incurs a fee of $10 per day.
2) Parent Participation
One parent must attend the weekly lesson so that practicing at home will be successful. Please be fully present during the lesson and take notes so that you know how to help your child at home. In today's busy world, your child's weekly lesson is a special time for you to enjoy your child's musical development and music-making. Please put away your phone so that you can spend these valuable moments with your child.
3) Absences and Make-up Lessons
If you will be absent, please let me know ahead of time. There are no make-up lessons for private or group lessons. Unlike a hairdresser, I cannot sell a weekly lesson slot to another person.
“Practice only on the days you eat.” -Shinichi Suzuki
- Students must practice every day.
- The more students practice, the more they improve, and the more motivated they are to play. When a student only practices a few times a week or for only a few minutes at a time, they don't see improvement and thus become discouraged. Perspiration = inspiration.
- Young children will need a parent's help with daily practicing.
- Practice in a well-lit area, away from distractions.
- Make sure the instrument is well-tuned before playing. Pianos must be tuned every 6-12 months. 'Ukuleles must be tuned every time before playing.
- Fingernails must be well-trimmed at all times. Establish a routine to trim them once a week.
- Read all assignments carefully so that practice is effective and efficient. Students who practice as instructed progress quickly and develop more confidence and motivation.
Success in playing an instrument requires open communication between the teacher, parent, and student. I solicit feedback once a year in the form of an evaluation. However, I encourage students and parents to contact me with any questions or problems as soon as they arise.
6) Summer Piano
In place of lessons during the summer, piano students are required to attend 2 events at the Suzuki Institute at Holy Names University. These may include master classes, group lessons, concerts, or observations.
7) Studio Programs
Current students may participate in a number programs, such as the AAA Club, Certificate of Merit, Sight-Reading Contests, Fall Music Party, and Winter & Spring Recitals.